LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kajal (Legal Executive)     17 August 2010

Carpet Area

Are you aware of any government notification or any latest judgement/Rule passed whereby it is ruled that that the builders can only sale flats by carpet area and whether a builder can sell balcony separately from flat ?

Learning

6 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     17 August 2010

Hi, I think Bombay High Court give judgement about carpet area.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     17 August 2010

carpet area means what?

kajal (Legal Executive)     18 August 2010

There is a G.O dated 20th Aug 2008 and publication in official gazette dated 12th MAy 2008 to sought amendment in Section 3(2) of MOFA Act whereby builders are directed to sell flats by carpet area only and carpet area to include the area of the balcony.

Please let me know if you know which high court judgment (citation) is passed in this regard ?

kajal (Legal Executive)     18 August 2010

@jyotirmaya: A carpet area is total usable area of the apartment/commercial space that doesnot include the area of the walls .i.e. the area of tha apartment that a carpet can cover.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     18 August 2010

thnx sir..

krantiveer (Advocate)     18 August 2010

I am not aware of any such Govt notification but I am sure that the builders take advantage in calculation the built up areas at their advantage thereby cheating the buyers, some also cheat by giving false carpet areas. Some calculate built up 1:1.20 and some builders read it as 1:1.40, you must read the agreement carefully.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register