LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SinghSohal (Later)     07 May 2018

Car theft insurance

Respected All, This is regarding my car theft dated 31-10-17, and since then I have not received the claim no. from the Insurance company(Oriental), I purchased this policy via policy bazaar on agent's inputs and now none of them either are responding wrt claim. its been six months now and I have provided court attested FR to get the claim settelement but since then no one is responding to my calls or mails. I have also written to oriental Ombudsman and awiting his reply, of which I am not very hopeful. Kindly suggest what next logical step would be and if anyone can help me on this, I have already suffered loss and paying loan EMIs of vehicle that I have no more. Regards Sohal

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Jain   07 May 2018

When a consumer of any goods or services is supplied defective goods or is rendered deficient services, he may maintain a legal action against the supplier of said defective goods / deficient services (as in your case) before Consumer Courts.
So, you can file a complaint in District Consumer Forum for unfair trade practices and deficiency of services by the insurance company.
For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

SinghSohal (Later)     07 May 2018

Thanks, Siddharth!

SinghSohal (Later)     08 May 2018

Hello Siddartha,

I have heard about Online Lokayukt portal, where online consumer grievance can be lodged and worked upon like District Consumer forum, Is it effective OR shall do as suggested

Regrds

Singh

Siddharth Jain   08 May 2018

Lokayukta is set-up with the aim of disciplining public servants, improving public governance and ensuring transparency in administration. The Lokayukta makes recommendations to the government and works to hold officials accountable for their actions and also for their lapses. So, the best is the one i suggested earlier. You can contact me on my email for further queries.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register