LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     24 December 2014

Car sold but not transferred by the buyer in his name-remedy

Car Sold but Not transferred by the buyer in his name-Remedy?

Second Hand Car is sold by the owner and all papers handed over duly signed to the buyer. But the buyer is not getting the same transferred in his name.

What should the seller do to safeguard his interest?

Can the seller request the RTO to impound the vehicle since it is plying in his name without authority?

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 December 2014

There’s more to buying or selling used vehicles than shaking hands and accepting (or writing) checks. There’s a protocol to follow, requiring you submit specific forms to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). These forms are then processed and filed to legally complete the title transfer.

Hardeep (Business)     24 December 2014

1)I think the transfer forms have a validity of 30 days from the date of signature.

2) If that is already over one can/ should  complain to the Police Stations of both the buyer and the  sellor ( I did ) setting out the facts and keep a record of the same as well as followup.. In my case, the SI called the buyer to my residence and the Scooter was left back in my possession till registration was transferred by the buyer.

Thanks  Hardeep ji

Can u tell me which law governs this validity thing? Is it tthe Motor Vehicles Act?

MR Ramacharyji

Shall be obliged to have the details of the protocol required to be  followed, Which specific forms are required to be submitted to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). 

Please give all details

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register