LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Annu (director)     10 November 2012

Car servicing

I got my santro car serviced.though the service station gave me the estimate of around Rs.8,000/- yet they raised the bill of 16,000 Rupees.Though it was not expected from the competent staff to miscalculate the estimate to this extent yet i was generous and paid the bill without arguing.then when i drove the car i found an irritating noise inside the car which was not there before nor any such noise was pointed out and mentioned in the job card by the technician/Engineer while examining my car prior taking it for servicing.On this i asked the service station to re examine the car and rectify the problem whatsoever occured while car was with them during the servicing time so as to get the car back in noiseless condition (which was the state before servicing in which i handed over the car to the service station).To my surprise these people raised another bill of approx rupees 9,000/-. Since the noise in the car wasn't there in the pre servicing stage nor it was pointed by the technician nor i had complained about it in the job card so it has to be some fault on their part which resulted in that noise. From the last 10 days i have been getting constant threats from the service station and they have been harassing me and my family with regard to the payment of second bill of 9000/- which is not my fault at all.Now they have served me an Advocates notice.Please guide with regard to the reply of this notice and future course of action.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     10 November 2012

Dear Annu ,

At the outset you give reply of advocate letter stating facts and denial. Secondly if things get worse than file complain in police station for harrassment  and eventually file  acase with consumer forum for poor service .

Adv. NIKHIL SETH

Mumbai

surjit singh (Assistant)     16 November 2012

You have not stated in whose possession you car is at present is it with the servicing centre or with you.  I adhere Nikhil's advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register