Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshat Singh (Accountant)     29 October 2015

Car parking issues

Hi,
I have a query, which I request to be addressed. In an 8-year old Apartment Complex, the Realtor-Builder (i) had converted some of the car-parking areas in the basement into two (2) single-room flats as per the version of brokers & old-time residents in the vicinity and sold them away, thus depriving others of ample parking space. (ii) The same builder, with the hands-in-glove of the hurriedly-formed, founder-office-bearers of the Residents' Association (an Unregistered Body, till date) had allocated to themselves "prime" parking slots and for a couple of them, TWO SUCH SLOTS EACH, to those with political clout, physical/muscle-power & wealthy guys, citing bigger-size of their flats, etc !! CAN ANY ONE OWN TWO PARKING SLOTS IN AN APT. COMPLEX, that too .. arrogating to themselves two "royal" parking slots, to the envy of hapless others? What exactly is the relief & remedy available now for those aggrieved ? And, who is the appropriate Authority to be invoked for intervention and setting the matters right ?? 

Learning

1 Replies

Subash M R (Advocate)     01 November 2015

Builder is liable to provide the car parking spaces in accordance with the provisions of  the Act. The area of the stilt parking space is not included in the FSI nor is it assessable for the Corporation taxes. Thus it should be available to the society /members free of cost. Hence disposal of stilt parking spaces by the developer even before the occupation certificate was issued by the Corporation or thereafter is per se illegal . 

Thanking you,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register