LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anubis   16 June 2022

Car dealership Fraud

On May 15 i official purchased xuv500 2016 w10 awd at variant after common checking from a dealer in vashi(they told the car is first class no need of anything)
and after few weeks rc got transferred.
now casually i gave the car to mahindra service center to check for any issues.and
they told me that the module for awd is missing (shaft,tcu,etc)
and to fit it back with suspension issues will cost 1,50,000
what should i do?(I dont know much about law)
it is clearly mentioned on rc that it is awd

Learning

1 Replies

Sravika Reddy Kohir   17 June 2022

Hello Anubis, I acknowledge your question. The issue that you are speaking is a manufacturing defect. You can file a complaint under a consumer commission or forum of your jurisdiction claiming the unfair trade practices of the dealer under the section 2(c) of the consumer protection act making an allegation of defect in the product. The defect in product can be general defect and manufacturing defect, the former might include not providing the guarantee or warranty card any other ancillary documents or things, the later would involve defects in actual product process or standard of the product to prove the same there must be an expert opinion.

Here in your case, it is a manufacturing defect wherein the fundamental basic defect has been taken place while manufacturing the same there has been an omission in restoring products. If you can prove the same through an expert you can get the relief by restoring the same. A similar case wherein the expert opinion was asked is here Maruti Udyog Limited vs Hasmukh Lakshmichand.

I hope I have answered your question.

Have a good day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register