FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T anand (self)     07 May 2014

Cancelling gpa

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have given a GPA Registered at Sub Registrar to my eldesst brother 30+ year ago. Unfortunately recent past he is behaving indifferently colluding with another brother. I don\\\\\\\'t have a copy of it as well as I don\\\\\\\'t know the date/moth/year or anything.
I (we) just sent a letter saying, all GPAs stand cancelled.
(In between also we have given some Notorized GPAs, blindly.)
He sends us a message through lawyer, get it cancelled legally.
Just trying to understand what is it cancelling legally.
Is the letter sent is not enough ?
Is publishing in News Paper is enough ?

Kindly suggest me the go forward.




 1 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     07 May 2014

1) If you want to cancell the GPA, only cancellation has to be made  before the registering Officer, where it was registered. Other methods, now what you are following could not help you.

2. Since the GPA has executed 30 years back, I think,  the main object  of the execution of the document, was  completed..

3. If you try, you could get the copy of the document, from Sub registrar officer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query