LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Preetham K   25 November 2020

Cancellation of loc in faster way for nri after squash 489a

I am an NRI and got squash order from HC recently for 498a with compramise of settlement  amicably.  I travelled to India and came to know at airprot that loc was there on my name , immigration officers contacted police and they responded to release me as the case is compramised .. But immigration officers told me that I need to apply cancellation of loc, if not they will have to follow same procedure to contact police while I try to tavel back out of India.

My return flight out of india is at midnight after a month.  Police may not be available to give clearance at that time. Immigration will not allow me to travel until they get police clearance..i will have to miss my flight.

Let me know the fastest way , that I can apply cancellation of loc . I have only one month time for my return travel.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 November 2020

It is better to conuslt and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     26 November 2020

Fastest way is to engage a lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 November 2020

Which is the authority which has issued the 'loc'? Is it because of the pending 498 A case? If so, why?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register