IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant   17 April 2016

Cancellation of gift deed

One of my client has executed a gift deed in 2013 giving some share in property to her Husband and 2 sons equally.

Now she want to cancel the part of gift i.e. gift in favour of one son.

Her Son is ready to sign the cancellation deed. Now question is Whethere the deed of cancellation terminating the part of the gift deed or cancelling the gift given to one of the son out of all donee can be executed or not.



 1 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     17 April 2016

1. The original Gift deed can be amended in part or as a whole as per the wish of the donor as the second son concurrs with the donor with regrads to revoking the part of the gift given to him .Refer to s. 126 of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query