LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramrenu (Engineer)     12 May 2015

Cancellation of gift deed

I was the victim of a long-persistent domestic violence situation to a husband and could not but leave the relationship & flat to live a SEPARATED life, when the situation reached beyond my tolerance limit and I was ripped off to a pauper. I was tortured to the extreme (her continued silence, uncontrolled angry behavior, aggressive and unruly demeanor, spend thrift lifestyle and constant nagging and tricking me to grab all my money and assets). My SEPARATED wife tricked me to write a gift deed in her name of my of flat for which I am the purchaser from the builder and it's in my name. It is written in Deed that this gift is made out of love - in fact I was nagged day & night and was compelled to go to the advocate appointed by her and sign the Deed. The flat is worth my hard earned money over a life time. Her family did not pay a penny to me - even I was persuaded to buy the jewelry for the marriage and constantly made to spend alot on her parental property. Now that I am SEPARATED - I need to CANCEL the Gift Deed - in the case that I can't retrieve the huge amount of Jewelry and Fixed Deposit costs that she managed to trick from me. I don’t have a paisa to meet my daily life expenses.
Any suggestions/help is much appreciated.

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     12 May 2015

you can challenge the gift deed on the grounds that its been obtained by coercion and fraud and you need to prove the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register