Cancellation of certificate under shops and establishment act

Hello Everyone !

I need an advice on cancellation or surrender of registration certificate under Shops and Establishment Act, Haryana. We got registered that firm on march,2013 but now we want to surrender or cancel the registration as firm is not working. Kindly advice what would be the procedure and how long it takes to complete all proceedings.




Thank you for your query.

As far as your query is concerned you got this certificate from Haryana therefore "The Punjab Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, 1958" applies to cancel the certificate. According to section 13(5) of the act, you , the employer shall, within ten days of your closing the establishment, notify to the prescribed authority in writing accordingly. The authority shall, on receiving the information and being satisfied about the correctness remove the name of such establishment from the register of establishments and cancel the registration Certificate.

Please contact to concerned authority wherefrom you have got this certificate and give written request to cancel the registration certificate.


Advocate Vinay Kr. Thakur


Senior Executive-HR

Dear Experts,

Kindly share the draft letter for surrendring or Cancelling Shops and establishment certificate as the Unit is closed. Location Chittoot, Andhrapradesh.



@ Pooja,

Follow the procedure to close the establishment and to clear all a/cs and notify O/o Labor commissioner .

Preferably engage an able counsel specializing in labor-service matters.



@ Prathap Reddy T,

You may approach Inspectorate at your location.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x