LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan   14 August 2022

Cancel sale agreement

Hi, I am from Bangalore, karnataka, my father  made a sale agreement with buyer for an agriculture land in karnataka. This sale agreement is registered in sub registrar's office and appearing in encumbrance certificate. Now I don't want sell this land to buyer and i am ready to pay his money back but he is not ready to accept. Now he put a case on us for land. Is there anyway I can cancel this aggreement. Please tell us what is the procedure to cancel sale agreement which is registered. How to cancel it from encumbrance certificate. Thanks


 2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 August 2022

Any meaningful suggestion is not possible unless the agreement is perused and the terms and conditions discussed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 August 2022

Your father is stated to have entered into an agreement with vendee for sale of agriculture land, you have no locus / authority to cancel it.

The case is already stated to be sub-judiced, against your father, it is better to seek opinion and advise of your lawyer engaged (or to be engaged for your defence). 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query