New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Olga (Kerala)     09 November 2011

Cancel of lease agreement


I`m from Ukraine. I came to India like a tourist and took a house fo rent. An adreement was signed by two parts in October 16th but it becomes effective from the 1th of December.
Now I want to cancel it. Should I pay any compencation/taxes to teenant?


 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 November 2011

It is depended on the agreement between you and the landlord

1 Like

Olga (Kerala)     09 November 2011

The lendlord is different person, I have the agreement with a undertenant. And no one word in agreement about the any compansation/taxes if the agreement cancels. 

Also the mistake in agreement: 11 month but from december to the eng of september (inserted of the red collor). Is it valued with this mistake?

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     09 November 2011

i agreed mr. Rajeev's advice.

Rudra Kumar Dey (Advocate In Supreme Court of India)     10 November 2011

Agreed with the above comments. Legal point ( contract law) is whether the undertenant is authorised by the land lord for such performance, if not the agreement is null and void, you can seek legal remidies.

1 Like

Olga (Kerala)     11 November 2011

Thank`s for all!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads