LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajkumar Sheoran   10 April 2021

can woman remarriage without giving divorce

My wife get remarriage then can I put f.i.r against her.what is the procedure to write f.i.r. please suggest me I shall be very grateful to you for your kind help.


 4 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     10 April 2021

No, without getting divorce your wife can't remarry if she get, it's offence u/sec 494 IPC.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     10 April 2021

You wife or Your Ex-wife , FIR is recording by police not by you.. you meant complaint then it is your own style of draft with facts 

sneha jaiswal   10 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

As per your query, Woman cannot  marry again without giving divorce, during the lifetime of her husband under Section 494 of the IPC. You yourself cannot write FIR whereas you can file FIR to the nearest police station against her.

Hope it helps 

Best Regards,

Sneha Jaiswal 

Rajesh Singha   11 April 2021

Can a woman abuse someone without a name?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query