Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhruv (other)     18 July 2013

Can wife make a police complaint afterwards same as in dv

My wife filed a police complaint after 3-4 days of filing her DV case in a court of different jurisdiction.

The nature of allegations is the same in both police complaints and in DV court case.


A) Is this valid?

B) Is the sequence of filings valid?

C) Is the filing of court case in diff jurisdiction to polie complaint  valid?

D) Can the DV complaint go through the 498a route?

E) Should the police complaint be closed since matter is already in court at time of filing of police complaint?


 7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     18 July 2013

If FIR is filed against you, challenge it in the High court to quash the FIR

Ayush Maheshwari (Senior Official)     18 July 2013

you cannot quash the FIR. Mr rajeev i think you should be well versed that FIR and Police compalnt is two different thng in this matter,

Dhruv's wife have made FIR under section 498A. Proceeding and action under court and FIR are different

dhruv (other)     18 July 2013

No it is still in the complaint status and not in FIR.

dhruv (other)     18 July 2013

Inspector has not acted on the complaint besides talking with me. It has been about 2 months now since the complaint was lodged.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     18 July 2013

so give the actual facts to the court about the police compliant and do not worry all will be clubed in one case and will be heared 

shriks........... (healyhcare)     18 July 2013

1. cant the husband file reply to the complaint in police station giving details......a say sort of.....????
2. wouldnt investigation by inspector would open up the stratergy......

dhruv (other)     18 July 2013

Sorry I did not understand what you mean?

Also basic question:

Is the sequence of first filing for DV and then filing police complaint invalid?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query