25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mubeen (MD)     31 December 2014

can wife file case for maintenance

We r separated from last 6 years.she my two kids are living with my in laws.she has filed 498a in 2008 and conviction in 2014.case is in sessions court.I want to know whether she can file for maintenance charges?how I can stop her?


 3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     31 December 2014

If your wife is unable to maintain herself from her own income then she can still claim maintainance from you. She can also claim maintainance for the kids on their behalf.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     31 December 2014

If your wife is not earning or if earning but unable to maintain herself and children then she can claim maintenance for herself and for the children from you .

M.A.T.Ganesan (lawyer civil &family laws)     22 January 2015

I agree with Archana and Laxmi Kant joshi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query