LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh   02 December 2015

Can wife file 498a section after divorce section 13?

Respected members,

Here i want to say my wife leave my house with all her asscerioes including gold, after that she filed divorce case under section 13 where marraige happend in diff state, after i filed restitution under section 9 on diff state where i stay. so can she file 498A or dowry or domestic violence case against me within ongoing trail of previous section 13 ??, if yes , then what will be releief for husband & how to resolve this issue as asap ( also we are working on mutual consent side by side but she demanded huge amount as alimony).

Kindly suggest what should my move will be..??

Thanks in advance..



 3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 December 2015

Yes she can file all the cases from where she is residing, if she is ready for mcd then negotitate the matter with her pay her and get rid from her, if not then gather all the proof against her which prove her guilty and fight your case on their merits .

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     08 December 2015


Both proceedings are different.One cannot bar the other.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     21 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.


With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register