Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (Owner)     02 December 2013

Can wife claim properties in her fil/mil names??

Me and my family are booked with false 498a in August  2013, now in the month of November my wife has filed a maintenance(with Intrim) case against me n my family. Our 4 n 1/2 year child is with her. Please answer these Questions for my self n for the benefit of all.

1.   Can She claim properties in my father / mother name?

2.   I am jobless now, she made me lose my job. I have no immovable properties in my name.

3.   We have a house in my mother's name, it is already under litigation, can she eye on this?

4.   My wife is a B.Com graduate.

Besides her father is rich, he has a apartment in his son's name from which they are getting Rs. 75000/- as rent. They own a Military hotel which is running extremely well, They 2 Sites. All properties in Bangalore.

Thanks in Advance.

498A Fighter

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     02 December 2013

Your wife cannot claim your parents' properties.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     02 December 2013

Sir,

Appropriately  advised by Adv. Archanaji, your wife has no claim on the properties of your father or mother.

Good Luck

Kishor Mehta

Reformist !!! (Other)     04 December 2013

she can claim anything even the Taj Mahal, but she wont get it . Claiming is different than getting. So no need to worry she wont get anything if she eyes for the property. Let her get old in litigations.

Ramesh (administrator)     11 March 2014

I have a property bought after marraige in joint name of myself & my father.  My father has paid all money for downpayment [ 25%] & I have taken a bank loan [75%]

My wife has never stayed in this flat as posession is taken after separation.

can she claim anything out of it?

pls do advice?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register