30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Purandare   11 May 2022

Can we review the order in 138 NI Act

Can we review the a judgement pass in NI Act vide section 255(2) of Cr.P.C
where the accused is convinced for the offence but as per section 357(3) of Cr P.C within a period one month In default to payment of compensation amount the accused shall suffer further simple imprisonment of three month.
The amount of compensation be paid to the complainant after appeal period is over as per section 357(3) of code of criminal procedure.
where no more or intrest on compensation was give to complainant and only the bounce cheques amount is given as compensation....can we go for Review and in which section ...
Thank you


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 May 2022

Instead of review you should move an appeal before Sessions Court.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     12 May 2022

No, Review is not maintainable you should file revision before Session Judge. for your grievances.

Rakesh Purandare   12 May 2022

Thank you all for ur Advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query