IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

freeme (service)     29 June 2015

Can we go for pertition cum injunction suit?

1. After my father in law’s death, before our marriage, my wife and her 2 brothers have signed some document which gave my mother in law ownership of the PF & Gratuity & other money of my father in law.
2. My wife has 2 brothers and my mother in law is alive.
3. Both my brother in law has maintained my mother in law so far.
4. Now my iI law's house is demolished to make a new flat. The property came to my father in law by inheritance. My wife has 1/4th share of the property.
5. My wife has not given any NOC to the promoter OR  in laws

6. We were given verbal assurance from in Laws but nothing happened.
7. Registration by the promoter is done where others have signed but my wife’s name is not there.
8. The construction is on way.
9. There was no WILL by my father in law.

Question: How can we get the legitimate share of the following three property?
Can we go for Pertition cum Injunction Suit?

1.   1/4 th share of the flat under construction.

2.   Can we get the share of the money that my “mother in  law” had from my father in law. She has no source of income.

3. How can we get the share of the ornament of mother in law. While dividing the ornaments will the ornaments given to my wife during marriage be taken into account or not?


4. As we have not made any communication based on the verbal assurance, will the case became weak. (Limitation Act applicable?)


 1 Replies

Leslie Almeida (social worker)     29 June 2015

file injunction suit only

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query