Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Can we change the passport

My aunt had no Birth Certificate or School Leaving Certificate as a proof of birth.  She has been to schools but had very basic education, didn't manage to do any higher studies.  The agents through whom she got her passport done said she needs to present School Certi only if she signs in English. Hence they made her sign in local language (she normally signs in English) saying that she does not know to read or write English also changed her Date of Birth showed her as Senior Citizen and got her a passport.  All in all she now has a passport where her DOB is different and her signature is also different from what she normally does.  She was told that this is the only way out and it was perfectly legal to do this.  Now she is stuck with this passport which she refuses to use after we told her this was absolutely illegal.  Is there any way out where she could change DOB and signatures in her passport or apply for a new passport.. Please help




Visit the following link-


Hope this will help you.


Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.





HR assistant

Simple answer is that  you are inviting trouble. Passport is not a commodity it is a document of your identity and if you have furnished the wrong details then you are asking for the trouble. Someone had suggested many things even change of name, change of DOB then why not declare that you were left with Neil Armstrong at the moon?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x