can two sections of offences in a crime clubbed ?

an accused was convicted under section 376 r/w511
judge punished 5 years u/s 376 and punished 2 years u/s 511.
all are 7 years.
can we ask the judge
clubbing the two punishment

If the court order didn't specifically contains that both the sentence would run consequently, then it meant that the convict would serve the highest years of the sentence, which in this case is 5 years. (and not 5+2=7years.).



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu