Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep singh   07 January 2021

Can the accused be remanded in police custody even after the chargesheet is filed in the session court?

accuseds got regular bails under section ipc 308,34

and starting session court trail.

now session court charge addment under section ipc 307
please tell me
then accuseds re arrest by police or not
accuseds go to judicial custudy or not.

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     08 January 2021

Hello,

If a new grievous section is added and accuse is already on bail in another section in that case accused has to surrender before the court and has to apply again for the fresh bail in view of the addition of a new section.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 January 2021

No, the accused is already admitted on bail, which is valid during pendency of trail, if conditions of bail are not violated.

vipin som   09 January 2021

now who is correct here Mr.Pawar or Mr.vashista

sandeep singh   09 January 2021

i think mr pawar is right. because session court have no power to directly bail before arrest in attempt murder case i pc 307

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 January 2021

Originally posted by : sandeep singh
accuseds got regular bails under section ipc 308,34 and starting session court trail. now session court charge addment under section ipc 307 please tell me then accuseds re arrest by police or not accuseds go to judicial custudy or not.

@ Sandeep Singh,

You have stated, "accuseds got regular bails under section ipc 308,34 and starting session court trail..." it implies that the accused has already been admitted in bail before commencement of trail.

What is the opinion and advise of your lawyer, if you are a party or concern with the post ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register