IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Can respondent file for divorce while appeal pending in hc?

After 7 yrs trial, the family court dismissed the divorce petition filed by wife on ground of impotency and mental cruelty. I've got medical certificate in my favour from medical board on court order.

Now she has gone for appeal in High court. So, can I file for divorce on ground of separation / mental cruelty in FC during the pendency of appleal in HC?

What I can do to speed up the appeal in HC? 


 4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     12 March 2016

Yes you can as this will be your petition for divorce and you are nor barred by the High Court not to file any petition for divorce against your wife.

A walk alone (-)     12 March 2016

Yes you file divorce. I can't understand when you both want divorce then why dnt you go mcd. You have already waste 7years now better go mcd instead of going divorce contested.

sridher (system analyst)     14 March 2016

yes wany not u use the same things like cruelty defamation and etc.


sridher (system analyst)     14 March 2016

file for judicial seperation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query