Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mak (sale)     23 March 2016

Can power of attorney work in 13b ( mcd)

I am PR of canada.

I came to india to file divorce petetion under 13B at district court. We both appreared in court and judge asked normal questions and answers. Court gave us 27 July 2016 to appear again ( Which i am assuming final /second motion). As i am back in canada and i do not think i am able to fly back India to appear 27 July 2016 due to job.

Can it be possible that i give Power of Attroney to my father it ? As district court where we file petetion does not have video conference facility.

What could be the wrost case scenario if i will be not present on 27 July 2016 ? 

Please advise me.

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     23 March 2016

If video conference facility is not available in the court then you have to be physical present before the court, if you failed then court will give you another suitable date to you .

saravanan s (legal advisor)     23 March 2016

usually poa is not accepted in mcd but rarely some courts permit it.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 March 2016

Yes you can give POA in favor of your relative or friend to appear on your behalf in the court and sign the joint statement for continuation of divorce. You can even send an affidavit in this regard from Canada duly signed and attested by Notary Public/Indian High Commission that will be brought on the record of the court. No need for video conferencing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register