Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Want to Live (NA)     03 August 2012

Can my wife claim maintenance from my parents under dv

Hi,

I am going through a very bad phase of my life. 

false dowary case filled against me & my family...after that rs 8000 pm granted by family court ggn without any proof.although my salary is 12000 only. revision rejected by high court chandigarh. asked to pay arrear amount of rs 10800 first.

Now 2 days back we have received 3 individual notice of DV cases against my father/mother & younger sister.

after one & half year of case filled under 498.

1- As I am paying her rs 8000 pm, does my parents are also liable to pay any maintenance under DV case.

as she has asked for rs 20000 pm from them as well.

2-As I am paying arrears of 10800 in installements. where I can appeal to  reduce the maintenance amount as per the quantam of my earnings in future.

Kindly help me with your valuable suggestions

Regards

Sunil

Learning

5 Replies

b man (Namaste)     03 August 2012

Dear Sunil,

I’m not a lawyer, just keep that in mind.

With regards to your parents having any liability to pay any maintenance to your wife query:

Your parents cannot be liable under any law to pay maintenance to your wife. The wife can only claim maintenance from her husband’s income.

Warm regards,

Mahesh (Business)     03 August 2012

Dear,

Call at these number +91 9886250907 OR +91 8041708757. It will surely helps u to fight.

stanley (Freedom)     03 August 2012

your parents are not liable to pay maintanence .

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     03 August 2012

1. Parents are not liable to pay any maintenance to her.

2. She is not entitled to double or triple maintenance under different provisions.

3. File an SLP before the Supreme Court challenging the dismissal of your revision.

Want to Live (NA)     03 August 2012

Thanks for the help ! Really sorry for the typing mistake..it is one lakh eight thousand not 10800.

without seeing the case high court has asked me to submitt the full amount of arrears first, then only notice will served to my wife.

As from the day one I am crying that I am ready to take along my wife with me at any cost. no authorties are listening.

She has refused to come with me at every stage.

Asking for the huge amount of money which I am unable to pay.

Now I want this maintenance to be reduced as per my monthly income. can supreme court listen my case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register