LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can my parent put crcp 125 over my wife while she makes trip

Long story short. 1. My wife and myself are well settled in US from last 14 years and have multiple kids. 2. I have left my house in India to my parents so that they can continue to stay. They stayed in my house till 2011 March. 3. I have given more than 20 lakhs in cash from last 14 years (bank transfers) + 4 US trips to my dad and mom + 1 Singapore trip to them. 4. I am continuing to take care of utility bills of my house in India. 5. Total contribution towards them will be more than 40 lakhs in last 14 years ( have proof). 6. As first son, I have properly taken care of my parents, still taking care of them ( by providing house + take care of its utilities) and will continue to take care of them for their entire lifetime. In 2010 trip to India, my wife and myself realized that my parents are coming up with a ploy to grab my house. I do see some phone calls to Human rights from my house land line. I feel my parents might have filed false DV over me and/or my wife. In 2011 March, my parent moved out of my house to my younger brother's house for no reason. We constantly try contacting them, but they don't respond. Even my younger brother doesn't respond to me. Now, after 4 years, my wife is planning to make a quick trip to India. What precautions do we need to take? 1. I assume those DV even if filed in 2010/2011 timeframe will be useless, right? 2. Do we need to check anything with Human Rights? 3. Will check for any FIR(s) with police station(s) (a) near my house in India,(b) near my wife's parents house and (c) near my younger brother's house. 4. Should I have to contact ACP (Senior Citizens Helpline - No.1, Office Of The Additional Commissioner Of Police Traffic, 2nd Floor, Bmtc Bus Terminus, Shivaji Nagar, Bangalore - 560051) and apprise the situation? 5. Should I have to worry about arranging Anticipatory Bail for my wife? 6. Do I need to worry about Lookout notice from any of the SP(s)? For more details - please refer https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Parents-maintenance-and-deserted-house-48895.asp

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Sorry about the format ( couldn't post through IE)

Can my parent put crcp 125 over my wife while she makes trip to India

Long story short.

1. My wife and myself are well settled in US from last 14 years and have multiple kids.

2. I have left my house in India to my parents so that they can continue to stay. They stayed in my house till 2011 March.

3. I have given more than 20 lakhs in cash from last 14 years (bank transfers) + 4 US trips to my dad and mom + 1 Singapore trip to them.

4. I am continuing to take care of utility bills of my house in India.

5. Total contribution towards them will be more than 40 lakhs in last 14 years ( have proof).

6. As first son, I have properly taken care of my parents, still taking care of them ( by providing house + take care of its utilities) and will continue to take care of them for their entire lifetime.

In 2010 trip to India, my wife and myself realized that my parents are coming up with a ploy to grab my house.

I do see some phone calls to Human rights from my house land line.

I feel my parents might have filed false DV over me and/or my wife.

In 2011 March, my parent moved out of my house to my younger brother's house for no reason. We constantly try contacting them, but they don't respond. Even my younger brother doesn't respond to me.

Now, after 4 years, my wife is planning to make a quick trip to India.

What precautions do we need to take?

1. I assume those DV even if filed in 2010/2011 timeframe will be useless, right?

2. Do we need to check anything with Human Rights?

3. Will check for any FIR(s) with police station(s) (a) near my house in India,(b) near my wife's parents house and (c) near my younger brother's house.

4. Should I have to contact ACP (Senior Citizens Helpline - No.1, Office Of The Additional Commissioner Of Police Traffic, 2nd Floor, Bmtc Bus Terminus, Shivaji Nagar, Bangalore - 560051) and apprise the situation?

5. Should I have to worry about arranging Anticipatory Bail for my wife?

6. Do I need to worry about Lookout notice from any of the SP(s)?

For more details - please refer https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Parents-maintenance-and-deserted-house-48895.asp

(Guest)

Let me ask a very specific question -

Can parents put CRPC 125 OR (Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007) over their daughter-in-law when she makes a short visit to India from US when their son continues to remain in US?

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     18 January 2014

Originally posted by : Oscar

Let me ask a very specific question -

Can parents put CRPC 125 OR (Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007) over their daughter-in-law when she makes a short visit to India from US when their son continues to remain in US?

@ querist Your parents cannot file crpc125 against your wife. Your mother cannot file DV also against your wife as  there was no domestic relation.

regards ASHOK

(Guest)
Thanks a lot Mr.Ashok Srivastava. This is a big relief.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 January 2014

@Oscar: I think you are too much confused and worrying about nothing.  Until you have not been informed officially of the legal action, you do not have to bother about such sundry issues.  Shall answer your questions:

1. I assume those DV even if filed in 2010/2011 timeframe will be useless, right?  You are right, the offence alleged to have been committed during that period has to be proved by giving details of your wife's presence with them in India

2. Do we need to check anything with Human Rights?   Not Necessary.

3. Will check for any FIR(s) with police station(s) (a) near my house in India,(b) near my wife's parents house and (c) near my younger brother's house. 

This shows that you apprehend some legal actions by police in retaliation to any of your undesirable act against your parents, was there any such untoward incident earlier?,  however it is a waste exercise to voluntarily verify such impending cases.

4. Should I have to contact ACP (Senior Citizens Helpline - No.1, Office Of The Additional Commissioner Of Police Traffic, 2nd Floor, Bmtc Bus Terminus, Shivaji Nagar, Bangalore - 560051) and apprise the situation?

Your fears to this extent reminds something fishy from your side, is there any?  If you are confident enough that you have not done any injustice to your parents in the past, do not worry about which is not there.

5. Should I have to worry about arranging Anticipatory Bail for my wife? Where is the case, is there anything pending in any police station?

6. Do I need to worry about Lookout notice from any of the SP(s)? 

Verify it from your sources privately, dont get involved officially, because in the name of helping you, people may take advantage to extract money from you without doing anything.

Lastly your parents can claim maintenance amount only from you and not  from your wife.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     18 January 2014

agree with experts, nothing left to add

(Guest)
Thanks Kalaiselvam and Nadeem, Was unnecessarily too much worried. Also new to how Indian law works, hence some of my queries may be trivial and silly. Sorry about that. Thanks for you comments, it gives me full confidents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register