New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sushil kumar   02 July 2018

Can my father own my mother property as she died

In 1994 my father bought an agricultural land in the name of my mother. In Intakhab, my mother name is correct but father name is written as Ramashray in place of Ram Awatar. In 2010 my mother get expired. we are 5 bro and one sis. we belong to hindu family. My father is the first person of family. Now my father wants to get ownership of the land. Can it be possible. what will be the procedureand how much time it will take.


 3 Replies

Naa Channel Naa Istam   02 July 2018

The property of a Hindu female dying intestate , or without a will, shall devolve upon the sons and daughters (including the children of any pre-deceased son or daughter) and the husband,

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 July 2018

Though the property in the name of your mother with the money of your father, now her children & husband (you, your brothers, sister and your father) have equal rights over the property.  if  you, your brothers and sister have no objection, relinquinsh your rights over the property in favour of your father.  otherwise make partitioned deed between the legal heirs of your mother.

1 Like

sushil kumar   03 July 2018

Thanks for sparing some time and replying on my query with a clear and valuable reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register