LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suryaprakash (svd)     22 January 2013

Can my father marry against my wishes?

1. Can my father re-marry when i am an adault and when i am supporting him even after my refusal?

2. After his death would  the law pass on the maintenence on his second wife to me?

3. If the second-wife turns to criminal activity (when i am supporting her) should I still continue to support her?

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 January 2013

Originally posted by : avanishp123

1. Can my father re-marry when i am an adault and when i am supporting him even after my refusal?
Take: Yes. A widow father does not need permission from law or his children to get himself re-married. Only thing that he can do on social front note is to tell children that I am bringing a step mother for you all.

2. After his death would  the law pass on the maintenence on his second wife to me?
Take: If step mom is incapacitate and does not have a income of her own then she can lay legal claim for maintenance on step children or take resort of Senior Citizen Maintenance Act.

3. If the second-wife turns to criminal activity (when i am supporting her) should I still continue to support her?
Take: Social front note the reply is NO. Legal front side it is not binding if no legal case she has filed for maintenance. If something step children are giving or helping her with then that is their mutual understanding. Law has not said so to children to do so as there was never a case for such claims from her side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register