LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can mother-in-law file dv against dil?

My wife was very violent ever since she got pregnant. Her father is an alcoholic and he gives abuses to his son-in-law whenever son-in-law complains. So elders from my side initiated communication over e-mail to escalate issues. Now wife filed divorce petition after pushing mother-in-law, husband and maid. In her petition she claims that we were forcing her to work and get money during her pregnancy. We defended our case my saying it is normal for woman to work during pregnancy till last day which is common in America. We didn't force her. Her father has one bedroom house like trash and we have fully furnished house. Can judge give benefit to us when we say that there is no question of us asking dowry when they couldn't afford to even paint their house? My wife thinks that my home which I bought before marriage 50% belongs to her as she has filed divorce. 

Learning

10 Replies

fighting for my brother (HR)     12 November 2013

you are lucky if she is initiated divorce.. so y u worried??... it looks may be fault on both side...how can a lady become violent suddenly after pregnancy??

talk to her and try to get sorted out things.. if not.. then pay her lumpsum amount and separate..

sridher (system analyst)     12 November 2013

for dowry demand material or documentary evidense is required no need to fear and fight  like a hero

sridher (system analyst)     12 November 2013

yes mother-in-law can also file dvc

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 November 2013

What is your opinion about her whether to continue your married life with her or to discard it once for all?, She has filed only a divorce case as of now and she has not gone to the extent of filing a dowry harassment case or a domestic violence case so far?  In the divorce case she cannot claim 50% of share in the house property, she has to file a civil suit if she had jointly financed for the purchase for partition.  If you feel it is not worth to live with he any more, you may decide to submit to her prayer for divorce before the court or contest, win and bring back the terrorist to your home to terrorise you all through your life.

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     12 November 2013

GIVE HER DIVORCE.IRBM is not passed yet.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2013

try peaceful solution

(Guest)

Allow the divorce to go ex-parte and try to find her past history. There's something fishy.

(Guest)

In that case it have to pay big maintenance. 

(Guest)

Indian laws are woman biased so filing DV by one woman on another will give a good lesson. I think she can file counter dv too but my mom won' t come to India for 2-3 years.

notit4tat (SoftwareEngineer)     15 November 2013

ohh gr8, Thanks for information

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register