Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shushil (xsd)     19 August 2012

Can mother in law file a domestic violence case

1.Can mother in law file a case of domestic voilence against DIL,if yes,

A.Is there any time limit,after DIL leaves the house or time of marriage,etc.

B.Kind of compensation a MIL can ask for and on what grounds.

Experts pl .reply.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     19 August 2012

Yes, MIL can file a dv case against her DIL. The provisions of dv act are applicable to all the women in domestic relationship who suffers domestic violance at the hands of the respondant and thus equally applicable to MIL, DIL alike. She can file dv on the ground of whatever illtreatement / abuse she is receiving at the hands of the daughter in law and can seek protection orders, compensation etc

sibasish pattanayak (lawyer)     20 August 2012

I am fully agree with Adv. Archana, being a practical lawyer i have filed 2 DV CASE against DIL and her parents, and in another case only against DIL (AS THE CASE MAY BE), IN one case obtained an interim order ,another is pending for disposal application u/s.23. in my first case Wife filed DV against husband, MIL,MARRIED SIL, AND HER HUBBY. After appearance i applied for certified copy of all orders.then filed APPLICATION U/S. 29 with a prayer for STAY OF ALL PROCEEDINGS>>>>>>STAYED BY SESSIONS COURT ON THE GROUND OF STATUTE.VIDE Crl Apl No. 135 of 2011. Being aggrieved WIFE filed 482 APPLICATION B4 honble HIGH COURT AT CALCUTTA on 13 -5-12, on receiving such information from net i appeard voluntarily, prayed for supply copy to the op party , we are ready to contest, then the matter speaciallyfixed on 13-6-12. on 13-6-12 on hearing all the parties HON. JUSTICE Mr.K.S.AHLUWALIA was pleased to direc the wife to contest with matter before sessions judge at Alipore, calcutta on merrit as: the opposit party raised some QS. on law point with in 3 months. but since disposal WIFE didnt turn up on last two dates. in reply other point i already suggested to SUSHIL JAIN of GUGAON on 19.8.12 . regards, sibasish pattanayak,Advocate. sibasish_adv@yahoo.co.in sibasishpattanayak@snslegal.in 09874854594 /09477090999.

sibasish pattanayak (lawyer)     20 August 2012

I am fully agree with Adv. Archana, being a practical lawyer i have filed 2 DV CASE against DIL and her parents, and in another case only against DIL (AS THE CASE MAY BE), IN one case obtained an interim order ,another is pending for disposal application u/s.23. in my first case Wife filed DV against husband, MIL,MARRIED SIL, AND HER HUBBY. After appearance i applied for certified copy of all orders.then filed APPLICATION U/S. 29 with a prayer for STAY OF ALL PROCEEDINGS>>>>>>STAYED BY SESSIONS COURT ON THE GROUND OF STATUTE.VIDE Crl Apl No. 135 of 2011. Being aggrieved WIFE filed 482 APPLICATION B4 honble HIGH COURT AT CALCUTTA on 13 -5-12, on receiving such information from net i appeard voluntarily, prayed for supply copy to the op party , we are ready to contest, then the matter speaciallyfixed on 13-6-12. on 13-6-12 on hearing all the parties HON. JUSTICE Mr.K.S.AHLUWALIA was pleased to direc the wife to contest with matter before sessions judge at Alipore, calcutta on merrit as: the opposit party raised some QS. on law point with in 3 months. but since disposal WIFE didnt turn up on last two dates. in reply other point i already suggested to SUSHIL JAIN of GUGAON on 19.8.12 . regards, sibasish pattanayak,Advocate. sibasish_adv@yahoo.co.in sibasishpattanayak@snslegal.in 09874854594 /09477090999.

Ranee....... (NA)     20 August 2012

Where is your son?I have read in this forum that if you file case on DIl your son will be a respondent of  the case.

shushil (xsd)     20 August 2012

do such cases help in long run

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register