Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Can mother donate a refugee relief land to her one son only?

Legal Advisor

Respected Senior.

Last night one 58 years widow women asked me a question.. that "Her mother-in-law got a land from refugee relief & rehabilitation dept. The land was gifted by West Bengal Govt. Her mother-in-law has four child and they are leaving there since partition. Now her mother-in-law wants to donate or sell the land to her one child only. and after that other family member will be homeless.  So the question is - can Mother donate/sale her Refugee Relief property to her one son only? if yes then other member will be homeless. if no then what is the procedure? This is not an ancestral property nor purchased by anyone." 

Thank you for your time.



Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1. Refugee Relief property (received from refugee relief & rehabilitation dept.) is not Saleable /Gift'able, simply because the Land is owned by the Govt. and is given to the refugee, for self-sustainance. 2. Appropriate permission has to be obtained from the local Collectors office, for permission to Sell/Gift, the refugee marked land. Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal Read Articles:

Mr Hemant Agrawal is right in the dot.
+ 91 9225510883

No.. she cannot sell the property 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x