LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek   13 April 2024

Can minor claim after 20 yrs / previous owner brother gives threats

Hello All , 

we are staying in Apartment since 2003 its 20 Years now ,purchased by my Late Father  , Paid regular Property taxes , during sale deed the seller ( previous owner had minor daughter who was 3-8 years old ) its mentioned in sale deed as Minor and was signed by Guardian ( Father) that she has No Objection to sale of Apartment .

Now that she is 25 now wants to make a claim that her father forcefully sold apartment to us , she wants share in father property which was sold to us in 2003 and owners brother who is our neighbour threatens us to wait for court /advocate summons 

1) i want to know what are my current rights , can owners daughter claim after 20 years of Sale Deed 
2) What can i do about threats i receive stating we sold Apt to you for Pea nuts , he does not understand that 20 years back we paid the value what was prevailing at that time &  threats of court case 
3) While going up or down the stairs he scares my children and always quarrels with everyone in my family , infact he fights with every apartment owner in building .

Thanks you in advance !!



 5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2024

1. If it was a self acquired property of your vendor then she don't have any rights for a share in the property. 

However,  assuming that she had a right for a share in that property then she should have made a claim for a share within three years from the date of she becoming major by age,  now she is 25 years old hence her claim is barred by limitation. 

2. You don't have to answer to his oral demands or pressure. 

If he is sending a legal notice. you can issue a reply notice denying their claims through your lawyer. 

3. If he is posing threats or tortures continuously,  you can give a criminal complaint against him with the local police so that he can be brought to silence. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     14 April 2024

Daughter's  claim is now time barred .She should have filed her claim for share

within 3 years of attaining majority.

1 Like

Abhishek   14 April 2024

Great !! thank you sir for your valuable insights 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2024

You are welcome for your appreciations. 

Shashi Dhara   14 April 2024

Lodge complaint against them for harrasment and file injunction suit against them or deny let they go to court.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register