LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (scientist)     31 May 2019

Can junior lawyers can indulge in hitting opponent client?

Dear Sir,

Sub: Junior lawyers engaged in harassment against opponent client -reg.,

Junior lawyers tried to hit the opponent client by accompanying their client at the home of the opponent.

I am the victim in this situation.

How should I proceed further? Where can I complaint regarding this?

How should I take action against them?

Kindly help me good hearted members of the forum.

Thank you

Dr.Lakshmi Priya T






 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 June 2019

Whether he is a junior lawyer, senior lawyer, public prosecutor or Judge, hitting anyone causing injury is a crime.  Report this to the nearest police station and if you have any CCTV footage file a copy of that with the complaint.   No citizen can cause any harm to the body of other citizen and causing such harm is a crime.  You are not going to get benefit out of this case and you may have to spend time and money for follow up of such criminal complaint.  Your advocate can guide you suitably.

1 Like

S.JEEVAGAN, Madurai. (Advocate, High court )     01 June 2019

If what you have stated in your query is true, then it is very unfortunate. It is strongly condemned. No one has got license to do crimes. No professional including lawyers are exempted from the applicability of criminal laws. You can very well take legal action against him and others as per the law. You can first lodge a criminal complaint with the jurisdictional police station against anyone who trespassed your house and intimidated you in your house. However, if your case turns out to be a false case, then you will have to face the legal consequences. If possible, avoid litigation. Peace of mind is essential to life. It will be taken away by unnecessary litigation. Think well and act firmly. Take care.
1 Like

N. Sivaprakash, Chennai 984099 (Advocate)     01 June 2019

You can give a complaint to the police station for having comitted tresspas and for having assaulted you. You can also give a complaint against the Advocate before the Bar Council, as it is a Professional Misconduct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register