LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fighting back (exec)     22 December 2013

can judge force respondent to take back wife

Hi friends, want to know, can judge force husband to take wife back, my friends wife files false dv 498 125 and hma 24 and now talking of compromise. Divorce is running, files by husband. Judge is in their favour, telling to take wife back, or face arrest. On contempt of court charges , I want to know can the judge force like this, is this contempt of court, and can the husband be arrested.

Learning

3 Replies

**Victim** (job)     22 December 2013

Originally posted by : fighting back
 Judge is in their favour, telling to take wife back, or face arrest.

No court can or will force anyone to live giving such threat. May be judge advised with a good gesture saying that accept her or the criminal charges will proceed but i highly doubt any court will force anyone to live a forceful life.

fighting back (exec)     22 December 2013

thanks for the reply, actually a fellow LCI member called me a few days back and told me about this issue. so i was confused too. as he was in a dilemma. as the judge directly threatened him of contempt of court and threatened arrest. and gave him time to think over...

thanks anyways.......

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 December 2013

If the judge is alleged to have threatened the husband to take his wife back, the litigant has got a right complain against the judge's behavioral illegal  attitude in the open court  with the registrar of the court or can file a transfer petition quoting the same reason for transfer, there are no such provisions in law for a judge to force an unwilling  husband to take his wife back, let him pass an order to this effect as per law, that also is subjected to an appeal, so if it is true, there are no provisions for the judicial officer to act beyond law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register