Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kamal (software engineer)     17 December 2013

Can inspector cancel my bail in 498a after remand?

Recently wife filed 498a after six months of marriage. Got bail after two days of remand and we also attended the first hearing and the next hearing is after 4 months. Now the women police station inspector threating me that I should return all her belongings otherwise he will cancel my bail.

Can he really cancel my bail and what he is going to do now.

Please suggest me what to do here.

Learning

4 Replies

kamal (software engineer)     17 December 2013

He is also asking me to give my passport.

Rajaramana RV (Employee)     17 December 2013

Dear Kamal,

What happened on your first day of hearing in Court? Were you asked to speak in front of judge.

Regarding your questions, you have to check whether the police has gotten in writing from the court to hand over her items as well as the passport. If not, ask your lawyer to deal with them.

Let us know how was your experience in first hearing and if you have any more questions?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     17 December 2013

Dear Querist

When the court grant the bail and you have completed all the formalities as deposit the surety before the court then the police have no power to cancel the bail but if the court pass an order that you have to co-operate with IO and the surety will be the discretion then only the IO can send a status report to the court regarding surety but IO has no power to cancel the bail.

file a complaint against the IO before police authority & requested to change the IO for fair investigation.

Feel Free To Call

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     17 December 2013

Police io has no power to cancel youl bail , not can pass any order to return articles to your wife and also to submitted your passport in the ps , it is the power of court to pass order , if io is threatening you then make awritten complaint to the sho .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register