LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Geta   08 April 2016

Can in-laws file police complaint if I go to their house afc

Can my in-laws file police complaint if I go to their house after signing mutual consent but before the cooling period . I want to talk and try to save my marriage .my lawyer says the can file a case against me . suggestion needed

Learning

11 Replies

Geta   08 April 2016

Please kindly reply

Sandeep Hegde(89 717 84 550) (Advocate)     08 April 2016

After the cooling period there will be hearing in the court and also mediation. At that time you can convey your change of mind and work on saving the marriage and also withdraw the Mutual Consent Petition. So if your father in law doesn't allow you inside the house. In the court you can convey your decision and refuse to give consent of divorce. If you don't have separate advocate, engage one for you so that you can be effectively represented.

Geta   08 April 2016

My lawyer said in the 6 month u need to only sign no mediation or anything I am really confused .

Geta   08 April 2016

My lawyer said in the 6 month u need to only sign no mediation or anything I am really confused .

Geta   08 April 2016

Geta   08 April 2016

Geta   08 April 2016

Geta   08 April 2016

Geta   08 April 2016

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     08 April 2016

Your lawyer is a dam fool. The divorce by mutual consent can be extended up to 18 months from the date of filling for petition by both parties. Even after 6 months cooling period you can always ask more time to reconsider your decision to continue or not for divorce. You can always ask for mediation once again between both parties. You are still the wife shave right to return back to your matrimonial home and if your husband refuses then you can seek place of residence from him at his cost from the court under DV Act. Your lawyer has no knowledge of family law and practice in family court hence he talks like an ordinary local lawyer.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     08 April 2016

Until the divorce is awarded, U have every right to stay in the premises where UR husband is staying.MCD can be applied even staying together.Hence UR inlaws cannot restrict UR entry if UR husband is also staying there.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register