LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498_final stage (Professional)     06 July 2013

Can i use rti to get a complete compliant copy from gurgaon

I am trapped under false 498a.The complaint was flied in Gurgaon in Oct 2012. I met DCP of Gurgaon and got their initial complaint but they refused to provide the other details where the girl has mentioned that they would like to proceed further from Ghaziabad or Kanpur.

Is it possible to get all the details using RTI? Can you tell me how RTI can be used to get all this information from the police station?


 8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 July 2013

In concerned police station, all police stations, o/o Police Commissioner, website of the State Police the names/designation/address/phone number/email id of the PIO/CPIO is displayed on boards………………………Usually the PIO/CPIO are DCP/CP………….

You can apply for the copies of all documents thru RTI by tendering fee Rs.10/ + Rs.2/page by IPO/DD……………………..

You may mention that you want reply and certified copies be supplied to you by redg. post only and a postage prepaid, self addressed envelope with postal stamps worth Rs…………………….affixed on it, is attached for sending the redg./ post on it.

It shall be better to visit the staff in o/o PIO/CPIO, obtain their phone numbers to maintain touch………………

You may mention that you need to submit the documents to e.g. court ( as the case may be) hence the docs be supplied to you within say…………………….days.



Harsh (Manager)     07 July 2013


curious - how will the second complaint copy help you? would you not be spending so much energy in getting it? the state should notify you of any further changes then why do you want to work overtime?

498_final stage (Professional)     07 July 2013


Its the first complaint copy whch is filed in Gurgaon first and then they filed second complaint in Ghaziabad. 

The first complaint will help to prove that initially the incident happen in Gurgaon. Its a clear abuse of process of law. It shows their motive to trap my entire family unecessarily.  

Harsh (Manager)     07 July 2013

ok, but what can you do with it NOW? will it help in quash or any other?

once a 498a is registered at one place (and you have the FIR copy also), she cant register another and if it is getting transferred to another area upon her request, your counsel can protest. just because she complained or wrote a letter to transfer, has anything changed? is the case moved to a different court?

it might be better to wait - save some energy too !!

498_final stage (Professional)     07 July 2013

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for your input. So the story or thought process is this. The girl keep on changning her statements. After filing a complaint in Gurgaon the girl hired a Gunda to give me threat calls. They infact attacked my residence in Ghaziabad where my parents were living. They made a scene in the neighborhood and her mother claimed that they didnt say anything in the Gurgaon complaint and yet we are not letting her inn.

Actually this is what they did. First they filed a complaint in Gurgaon and there they wrote that they will do further proceedings from Ghaziabad or Kanpur.

Now from one end they are saying that they wanted to compromize and they took thecomplaint back from Gurgaon. This intention is totally false. It can be easily proved when I haev the complete copy of the documents which were writen after the first complaint.

I read the proceedings at Gurgaon which clearly showed that the b*tch and her bandit queen mother have writen there that "AAge ki karyawaahi kanpur ya ghaziabad se karungi" with signature of the girl there.

So now you tell me. If someone has intentions to proceed further why the hell they would make a scene to come back to my parental house in Ghaziabad.

And they added this point in Ghaziabad complaint that. Hum to wahan gaye thay lekin humien gaaliyan de kar bhaga diya gaya.

So I want to slap this evidence on the b*tch and her bandit queen's face.

I love my parents (law)     07 July 2013

Dear myself victim of same. first visit -- got RTI drafted application .draft it acc. to ur case.


then send it under life and liberty of 48 hrs section and sure u will get your required information with 48 hrs. take care.

Pls god help this victim.

Never Give Up (Fighter)     07 July 2013

You can get complaint of 498A via RTI , there are certain CIC decision about it that it can not be denied. Here is a link


Attach print out of above decision with each RTI copy to avoid having evasive replies from Police station.


File RTI in all police stations where the complaints are filed , in the infomartion sought section you can mention that "Certified copy of complaint given by my wife from and to duration and all the statements on that copy".


Note : It is general tendency that police will give you copy of complaint ot read but will not give you physical copy. Unless you pass on something like RTI or influence, it is hard to get copy.


Different versions of her complaint and statement will ultimately help you.

498_final stage (Professional)     11 June 2015


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query