LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vitthal   12 June 2017

Can i travel with passport where passport status is pvr review

Hello , I have applied to change my address on password , i got the passport with new address and post policy verification also one, but police asked me money and i didn't give them , after that i got message that police report submitted and now got another message about show cause notice Letter Reference Number SCN Type SCN Issue Date ** SCN Status Status Updated On*** Applicant Reply Received On (if any)**** SCN/309058972/17 PVR Review 2017-06-08 Letter dispatched from PO 2017-06-12 One item found.1. Is there any problem if we travel onsite with such password ?

Learning

2 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     07 July 2017

Unfortunately for you, you cannot travel abroad with such a passport. However, it's not anything to worry yourself over too much; just a petty attempt by those officers to obtain a bribe from you.

What you can do is file for an RTI. Write to the Chief Public Information Officer of the Consular, Passport, and Visa Division, Ministry of External Affairs. You can also do it online as per Passport Seva Online Portal.

From what I've heard, if the first time of filing doesn't yield any results, the second attempt is more likely to have your passport dispatched. Good luck!

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     13 July 2017

It seems your police verification was not clear.

You may contact higher officials of Police.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register