LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anuj   09 October 2017

Can I travel abroad after done my criminal case

Dear all Respected Sir/Mam
Kindly Help me
I had a criminal case against of me before 302,307 ,ipc but it had been finished now,
and court didn't find me that I was involved in that case and let me free after Hearing and at the time of judgement.

can I do travel abroad now after done that all.

thanks & Regards


 9 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     09 October 2017

Yes if you were aquitted or discharged by the trail court and no appeal or revision is pending against the said order of the trail court in any Higher Court, you can go out of the country.

1 Like


yes, but after the lapse of Appeal period, if any.

1 Like

Anuj   09 October 2017

Respected sir how much longer the Appeal period ?

Kanwaljit Kaur   09 October 2017

30 days from order
1 Like

Pawan S (Advocate)     09 October 2017

The period of limitation prescribed for State appeals against orders of acquittal under Article 114 of The Limitation Act, 1963 is ninety days from the date of judgement.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2017

If your passport was not impounded and NO appeal is pending or appeal period is over then you have the remedy.

In any case you have the copy of order of acquittal.

Your  Lawyer can help you.

1 Like

Anuj   09 October 2017

Thanks sir Kumar,
I have not passport yet but as per your info I will do apply for passport after pass out the appeal time.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 October 2017

Had the court, at any point of time, restained you from going abroad?

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2017

You are welcome.


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads