LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sugar Daddy   05 October 2018

Can I stop my wife to enter my home if case of nullifying marriage is already filed in court?

I got married on 12 May 2018. The bride and her family didn't disclosed the fact that the bride was suffering from a genetic spinal cord disorder. 14 days after marriage she fell ill and surgery was required. Doctors says she will require multiple surgeries in future and will be bed ridden only. I have filed a case to nullify my marriage since my wife and her parents didn't disclosed about her illness moreover she is genetically sick which might pass disorder to offspring. she is forcefully trying to enter my house ! can I legally stop her ? She is threatening suicide which I already reported to police station. what can I do to stop her. another thing i want to ask is can she claim right in property which was given to me by my mother kindly help ..


 3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     05 October 2018

Unless the marriage is nullified by the competent court by decree of nullity, the wife has right to residence and she cannot be stopped from entering her matrimonial home. No court will pass injunction order in this regard.

Martin S.   05 October 2018

You change your place of residence from your dads home to some room till the case is over.

1 Like

Sugar Daddy   05 October 2018

sir case will go on for 4 years minimum as I have been told? does this mean I have to stay away from my parental home for years ?? My wife won't be giving me divorce at any cost.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register