LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagadesh (engineer)     30 September 2013

Can i rti to vao?

I want a FMB sketch for a particular survey number. It is available in that Village office. But i am not getting good response from them. In order to get that, shall i send RTI application asking for the FMB sketch of particular survey number directly to VAO office? or only to direct Taluk office? i feel sending to taluk office takes time for reply and not quicker. pls guide me.

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     30 September 2013

Complain to higher authorities.

Ms.Nirmala P.Rao (CEO)     06 October 2013

Dear Client,

You can simultaneously forward your RTI queries to   PIO of District  Collector, The Taluk and  VAO and they are duty bound to provide all information under RTI Act. Send your RTI queries through  Registered post with acknowledgement due.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 October 2013

who is CPIO.

jagadesh (engineer)     16 October 2013

CPIO is state commission only. Village administrative office(VAO) is a low level administration, it comes under taluk office, but my requirement is in VAO office only, instead of sending RTI to taluk, i am asking why cant i send directly to VAO office.

Ms.Nirmala P.Rao (CEO)     16 October 2013

You can't directly send an RTI query to VAO  under RTI Act. You send your RTI query directly to SPIO, who in his turn sends it to VAO under section 6 of RTI Act.

A single application is enough to the concerned State authority..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2014

State Commission cannot be CPIO. The Commission is mean to hear appeal from the orders of Appellate Authority who is always higher official of CPIO.

Please check.  Normally it may be DM or some designation ADM/SDM.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register