LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arif Ali Saiyed (Computer Scientist)     05 February 2013

Can i pay rent to my wife and claim hra

Hi There,

                 I want to know if I can pay Tax to my wife and claim HRA.

She is housewife, She does have a PAN numer. We are planning to construct a house.

Land will be purhcased on my name and later on i can create a gift deed and then regiter on her name, and start paying rent to her. She will file taxes for the rent received. 


Is it legally possible?  If not could you please give the refernece of Income Tax Act and help me understand 
why is it not possible.

 3 Replies

Arif Ali Saiyed (Computer Scientist)     05 February 2013

Originally posted by : Arif Ali Saiyed

 pay Tax to my wife .

Sorry I meant rent to my Wife.

sunil (ac)     07 February 2013

you can show rent income to your parents.

Arif Ali Saiyed (Computer Scientist)     07 February 2013

even if they are not owner of house? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query