LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahdi Abu Ayisha   02 November 2015

Can I marry a second wife

Hi, I am a 26 years old man who married 1 year before and have one baby living with my wife. My in laws took my wife away from me due to their ego problems and how ever they brainwashes her against me. I tried many times to talk and get her back but of no result. She hesitate to live with me and even told to the mediators but they are not filing a divorce. They even torture me that they will file fake cases against me. Now my family is forcing me to a second marriage without divorce. What consequences I may face according to this step? Will I get my girl child back after breastfeeding period even for some intervals? Can anyone advice me legally?

Learning

6 Replies

They took her 7 months before during her pregnancy and they didn't allow me to contact her even I went there and posted letters.

I was in a situation before that I want to bring her back and to live a happy family with my child but now she directly told to the mediators that she dont need me.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     02 November 2015

As far as I know Muslims can contract up to 4 marriages. Talak is also easy for men. But Muslims are also liable to Cr. P. C. Laws like 498A IPC and DV Act apply to Muslims also. You will have real problem if your wife or in-laws unleash any of these laws against you. You may not get custody of the girl child.

Mahdi Abu Ayisha   03 November 2015

I just want a contact wuth my girl child. Is it possible?

chandra mohan (power)     03 November 2015

File child custody and try to get atleast visitation order. Never marry 498a women.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     04 November 2015

If you have not done so, so far, write a letter to your father-in-law requesting him to send back his daughter to you stating your case in conciliatory language but being careful at the same time not to say anything that he can be used against you. You can say that you love her and miss her. You can also say that you miss your daughter. Write similar letter to your wife also. If you do not get reply to the letters send the same letters by Registered AD explaining the reason for sending by registered post. You must build a case in your favor. If they do not respond favourably to your letters go to court for restoration of conjugal rights. If that fails file for custody of the child. You may atleast get visitation rights. If cases are in the court that will help you if they try 498A or DV Act against you. Though Shariat law may allow you to marry a second time a second marriage may be considered as a hostile act by you and that will help people of your first wife to take actions against you. Your case for custody of the child will also become weak.

I can only wish you good luck. Hindu or Muslim human beings are same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register