Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

reddyb   29 September 2015

Can i get stay on cases ?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I filed divorce case in family court on Cruelty and adultery, in return she filed total 5 cases against me and my family members, ( 498A, Domestic Violence, RCR, Maintanance in crpc 125).

I am planning to move high court for quashing. Lawyers are telling High Court Can give stay on 498a on lower court ??

Can i get Stay on RCR and Domestic Violense as well? Please suggest, As i am not able to contest these many cases?



 4 Replies

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     30 September 2015

All are separate cases there is no way you can put stay on these cases, be a man and good manager of these cases, you are not only the person who is going through these, so first thing first, selection of good lawyers who could represent these cases, for some cases your presence is needed for some cases your lawyer can participate. I have seen several threads from you regarding the dowry comments, in fact there is a survey on the most cases of 498A, this is fact that Andhra represent 38% of total cases in India with the highest rate of conviction.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     30 September 2015

Stay cannot be granted.  Even in S. 498-A is also stay is a rare possibility.  Talk with her and if she agrees, go for mutual consent divorce.

reddyb   30 September 2015

Thank Yor for your reply sir, sandykrish. Sir Hope fully i will be among remaing 62% of non convicted cases, Neither i demanded any dowry nor they given me anything. Because of her illegal relations all these comes into picture. All these cases are after my divorce petetion. Lets see sir how long they can harass me like this.

Thank you Prabhakar sir as well.

Mukesh sharma (job )     10 December 2015

hi as you tell your wife file case against you 498 a and you think to go in high court for stay in case  but you cant do that coz both case different you need to move on this case and  if  you say  your wife aftrer marriage relation than you need to prove it all in court its help you in your case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads