Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun Ganesh (Individual Contributor)     15 December 2011

Can i get power of attorney in us for divorce in india

Hi All,

I live in US, my parents live in India and my wife filed 498a in lower court against me, parents, sister, brother-in law and father’s brother. We filed quash for A2-A5 and its  Stayed at high court.  Wife had filed NBW against me (A1).

Now wife has filed divorce (dissolution  of marriage) which cut and paste of 498a.

I would like to know the procedure to do the power of attorney so that my father in India can appear on behalf of me for divorce case hearings.

Also, can I get Power of attorney in USA.

Thanks in Advance,

Arjun

Learning

6 Replies

**Victim** (job)     15 December 2011

Yes you would sign power of attorney and mail it back to india so that your father can appear on behalf of you. Get your power of attorney notarised by  notary officer which i am sure some people do it for free or for $ 5 - $ 10 bucks. If you are located on east coast of U.S. then contact me i will walk you through. I am sure Adv. Chandu is watching this he is totally against NRI'S or Foreign Citizen i guess he never understood our pain.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     15 December 2011

You first try to contest cases against your parants.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     16 December 2011

Power of attorney has limited scope contrary to universal belief. Basically a POA holder can not enter into the shoes of principal except under certain circumstances.

Arjun Ganesh (Individual Contributor)     17 December 2011

Trying our best to get my parents 498a quashed..been stayed in high court for more than a year.

Arjun Ganesh (Individual Contributor)     17 December 2011

can you please unicast me your Phone no or email address, so that I can contact you.

Thanks,

**Victim** (job)     17 December 2011

Check your personal message on LCI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register