LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh jamod   28 May 2020

can I get FIR copy which police filed under IPC 151?

I want to know about under which article policeman registered FIR against us, 5 people. can I get that FIR copy?


 6 Replies

KS Johal   28 May 2020

The best thing is to ask the police, that's if you were part and parcel of the five people.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 May 2020

You can seek the copy under RTI Act. Else, you can get the copy from the jurisdictional Magistrate Court as well.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 May 2020

The PS is expected to upload FIRs in their site as per norms.  You can file RTI Application and seek a certified copy of FIR.  (If you solicit simple to copy, they may not provide copy as once FIR is uploaded, the record is no more in the exclusive custody of the SPIO and he suggests for opening the link etc.,).  Always file RTI Application to Dist SP office irrespective of PS.  Though it may take 5 days more for getting copy, once it is forwarded through higher authority chances of getting the copy is higher. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 May 2020

You can get it through online. procedure follows. 

Citizen needs to complete their enrollment/ registration process first in Citizen Portal by providing actual Aadhar number and mobile number which will be validated through OTP number.

User will click on View FIR menu on home page

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 May 2020

Are you complainant or accused in the FIR ?


sandeep singh   30 May 2020

down load f. i. r by state police app or website

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query