LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shagul Hameed (Medicine Trainee)     10 February 2010

Can I get FIR Copy For In this case?

Hi, I got Heavily Beaten by a local Rowdy, Because I loved his Daughter. Its Happened On Jan-2007, den I admitted in hospital. Police Asked me to admit in GH, But I Didnt, Then I gave a Letter For tat Rowdy's Bail, But I Didnt Receive FIR, I dont know the status of the case, Because my never want me to go for station at any point. As i'm from a poor family, i couldn't continue the case, And we are worrying about the forth coming threatnings, The police put case on him under six sections, I dont remember fully, 307 is sure, then 304 i think,,

My question is would the rowdy been closed the case with his influence, without my appearance in d court, Can I get my FIR, Which i Filed 2yrs before, If Yes, Wat is the procedures,

May I know about the case status Over online?


 5 Replies

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     10 February 2010

As you do not know the crime number, you can get the details of the case by filing an application under RTI Act to the SHO of the concerned police station. You may quote the date on which statement was taken from you from hospital, complainant's name, accused name and allegation matter etc.


Even if the case is charge sheeted it may take years for the trial to begin.

sunil pagare (lawyer)     10 February 2010

It is the bounded duty of police to provide the copy of FIR free of cost to the informant as per sec. 154 (2) of cr.p.c. U can get FIR copy from police station  free of cost.U can also get the certified copy from court,contact the local lawyer for the same.

Shagul Hameed (Medicine Trainee)     10 February 2010

Thank you for your Ans  MR.Feroz M Shafeeque. 

Shagul Hameed (Medicine Trainee)     10 February 2010

Thank you for your Ans  MR.sunil pagare

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 April 2010

Police can do anything.  They may file a B report, if charge sheet is filed then only question of your evidence will arise, if not no evidence case will be closed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register