Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can i get a government job if i am convicted under ipc 510?

Can I get a government job if I am convicted under IPC 510?

In 2013  a false court case was registered against me along with my three brothers by a political party member (At that time I was only 15 years older),after that we have to paid a fine  100 per head in court..Now I am 23 years old and I have cleared a government job..Is there any problem will arise during police verification?

Please answer 

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 October 2022

Of course it will affect the character and antecedent of a person/ accused/ drunken convicted and punished under Section 510 IPC, which reads as:

Whoever, in a state of intoxication, appears in any public place, or in any place which it is a trespass in him to enter, and there conducts himself in such a manner as to cause annoyance to any person, shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to twenty-four hours, or with fine which may extend to ten rupees, or with both.

The punishment as prescribed by the statute is a simple imprisonment for a term of twenty four hours or fine which may extend to ten rupees. If compared with the crimes of grievous and serious crimes, such a punishment is not rigorous and is flexible which can be moulded according to the situation. The seriousness depends upon the gravity of crime but the objective of imposing punishments is not to fit the offence rather it should fit the offender

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 October 2022

How is it that you were convicted when you were a juvenile i.e below 18 years of age? Any how, in my understanding, the alleged affence and punishment need not be a constraint in securing a public employment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More