Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRI VIJAY MATHUKUMILLI (Advocate)     29 July 2011

Can i file vakalat

Respected members,

I enrolled in Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh on 14-07-2011. And I had one case relating consumer court.

I had a doubt whether I can file vakalat in Consumer Forum in my name or i should qualify Bar Council Exam. 

Please clarify it.

Thank you

Learning

8 Replies

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     29 July 2011

as you say you enrolled now yes you can file and  have you go to register district bar council ?

1 Like

SRI VIJAY MATHUKUMILLI (Advocate)     29 July 2011

Thank you very  much for your reply. I have enrolled in Andhra Pradesh bar Council and I want to file in State commision. Can you give more details about district bar council.

N Vanaraj (advocate)     31 July 2011

so far as i know u can file vakalt only if you have passed the exam conducted by the bci

1 Like

SRI VIJAY MATHUKUMILLI (Advocate)     31 July 2011

No. I registered at Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh and I also registered for Andhra Pradesh Advocates Association, Hyderabad.

SRI VIJAY MATHUKUMILLI (Advocate)     31 July 2011

Is that a common rule for general courts and Consumer Forums

A V Vishal (Advocate)     01 August 2011

Mr Vijay,

According the current regulations, you cannot practise since mere enrollment does not qualify you to appear before any court. The present regulation states you must have qualified the AIBE in order to practise.

1 Like

Nagaraja kumble (Advocate)     01 August 2011

Mr. Vijay,

Any law student who has graduated in Academic Year 2009-10 (i.e., finally graduated in 2010)  needs to appear for the All India Bar Examination and clear it in order to practice law in India.  To appear in the BCI exam u should enroll yourself with the respective State bar council. After passing the BCI exam, u can file vakalat., u can file vakalat u ..ctive state bar council. ccccctoo o  

(Guest)

Mr.Vishal and Nagaraja are correct. You are not entitled to file Vakalat at this state. You should necessarily pass the Bar Council exam.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register